HBO or Home Box Office is one of the biggest television channels in the world. They boast an impressive collection of several popular original series such as Westworld, Game of Thrones, True Blood, Sex and the City, etc. They have over 130 million users worldwide and have several interesting channels under their name.
Since many of you are wondering how to watch HBO and other IPTV channels on Kodi, we’ve made a tutorial that will help you get set in a few easy steps!
Also See: Live Mix Kodi AddOn
Note: A few exceptions such as HBO Now and HBO GO need you to run the Kodi VPN in order to view them. HBO is a US channel which does not cater to a few countries. Read on ahead and follow the steps to view HBO, HBO GO and HBO Now on Kodi.
Watch HBO on Kodi Krypton (The Latest Version)
- On your computer, launch Kodi. Click on Settings (the middle icon at the top).
- Select File Manager, where you will come across a list of sources for repositories.
- Select the option Add Source.
- You will see a box, where you have to choose the option None. Now type the following URL, then click on OK: http://archive.org/download/.
- Type the name of the media source as “Streamhub” and click OK to save it.
- Return to the main menu of Kodi by pressing the backspace key several times on your keyboard.
- From the left side on the list, select Add-ons, then choose the Package Installer icon given on the top left corner of the screen.
- Choose Install from ZIP file.
- Locate and choose the name Streamhub, then select streamhub.zip.
- Wait a few minutes for the installation to complete.
- After you get the notification of the repository being installed, go back to the Kodi main menu and choose Add-ons again. Go to Video Add-ons > StreamHub.
- You are almost set. TO start watching HBO on Kodi, open Kodi, go to video Add-ons, click on StreamHub, choose Live TV, then Android API, and Mobdro.
- Now Scroll down and click on HBO. Enjoy watching your favourite series!
Watch HBO on Kodi Jarvis Version 16 or Below
1. Open Kodi Jarvis > Go to System > Click on File Manager
2. From the file manager, Double click the Add Source option, then Click on None, and write the URL http://archive.org/download/repository.streamhub/ in the given box. Click on Done.
3. Now type the name of repository as ‘StreamHub’ and click Done. Then click OK.
4. Go back to the Kodi Home Screen and Click on the option System. Go to Add-ons, select Install from Zip File, then StreamHub > repository.streamhub.zip.
5. Wait a few minutes for it to install. You will receive a notification when it is done.
6. Once the installation is complete, click on Install from Repository, the choose StreamHub repository > Video Add-ons > Click on StreamHub and lastly select the Install option.
7. To start watching HBO on Kodi Jarvis, go to Kodi Jarvis Home Screen. Now follow the action sequence Videos > Add-ons > StreamHub > Live TV > Android API > Mobdro.
8. Scroll down to HBO and click on it and start viewing the channel!
Also See: SportsAccess Kodi AddOn
How to Watch HBO on Kodi Fire Stick
To watch HBO on Kodi Fire Stick, Turn ON ADB Debugging and Unknown Sources to install HBO on Fire Stick. After that, you need to visit the Fire Stick homepage and click on Apps which will lead you to Kodi App. Follow the same steps given for the Kodi Jarvis version. If you don’t know, you can even stream anime on Kodi.
How to Watch HBO Now on Kodi Fire Stick
Using Kodi Firestick, you can watch HBO Now by downloading HBO Now app from the Amazon App store. This is the easiest way to download the app but will need you to pay a subscription fee once you open it. If you are already subscribed to HBO Now, you are just two steps away from watching the channel.
Also See: Toonjet Kodi AddOn
Watch HBO Go on Kodi Fire Stick
To watch HBO Go on Kodi Firestick, follow the instructions given below.
- Open Kodi Fire Stick and download the HBO Go app.
- Open the app once it is installed.
- Click on Activate Your Device. You will receive an activation code which you have to enter on your system.
- Open your system and then click on HBOGO.com/activate. If you live outside the US, you would require a Kodi VPN to gain access to it because of geo-restrictions.
- Once you’re on that page you have to choose Amazon Fire TV or Fire Stick, and then click on Continue.
- Now you need to select your TV/cable service provider. Next, enter your username and password for your TV service provider. You can contact your TV/cable service provider if you don’t know the username and password.
- Now enter the activation code you received and then choose the option Activate Device.
- Once you receive a success message form HBO Go, you’re ready to watch the latest series from HBO Go. Enjoy!
We hope you find this tutorial helpful. Let us know about your experience with watching HBO through Kodi!