Here is my attempt to help you understand, NTR CFW and its installation steps. But before we head further to understand, what exactly is NTR CFW and how it is installed.
What Is NTR CFW?
Firstly, NTR CFW is a custom firmware. It has been designed for the new 3DS and is installed as a CIA.
- It is region free which means you can even launch the region locked games on your home screen.
- You can go to the NTR CFW Menu on the home screen and take screen shots or interact with the plugin.
- It enables the user to develop and install their own plugins along with lib-Trp Lg
- It allows you to use cheats without gateway
- You don’t need the romfs file to run mods/patches of games
- It allows running to a desktop without a capture card , this only works in the new3DS
- It supports other plugins
- It a debugger which works in real time, making gaming error free
How To Install NTR CFW?
- Go to https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/.
- You will find a number of zipped files and CIA but you need to download the current uploads.
- Open the zipped file and copy the file to the SD card.
- Next, you need to install the CIA
- Open it from the home menu and allow it to run. Once you have successfully done it, you need to exit.
In case these steps didn’t work for you, you may try the following link-https://github.com/Shadowtrance/BootNTR/releases
If you wish to use the cheats then you should look at the following steps-
Start the steps by creating on the SD card. Next you must search for the links for the cheats which you can either do by searching on Google or you can try the following links-
Once you have downloaded the cheat for the desired game, you can copy it to the folder created on the root of the SD card. Now you can insert the card in your new3DS, load NTR and open a game. Press the X+Y and go to game plugin and you can see the cheats present.